- Some people believe that teachers should boost competitiveness among students because competition stimulates motivation but others are against encouraging competition because it can lead to negative feelings of low self-image.
- Healthy competition motivates students to reach their full potential.
- Students that succeed in achieving something feel a sense of accomplishment that boosts their self-confidence.
- Competition does not always promote team spirit and thus, weaker students may be laughed at and suffer from embarrassment.
- Competition can have a positive impact on students that are full of determination but a negative impact on students who lack self-confidence as they will feel stressed about doing well and feel a failure when they don’t succeed.
- Many people believe that school should encourage competitiveness among students. Do you agree?
- How can competitiveness help students with low self esteem?
- Students with a lack of self confidence can suffer from competitiveness in schools. What could be done to avoid that?