- In the ever-changing world of technology there is an ever-increasing demand for new stories.
- There have been some radical changes in the past few years concerning the role of the media and the way information is transmitted
- Media and journalism have become highly competitive markets and as a result credibility is rare; unscrupulous journalists publish misleading stories with sensational headlines and gruesome details that distort the truth.
- Trying to keep track of the latest events becomes almost impossible.
- Journalists nowadays use ambiguous language and no tact or discretion as they don’t hesitate to offend people with disturbing images and what not, in order to gain profit.
- If you don’t read between the lines, you run the risk of being misled.
- Media studies should be a compulsory subject in schools. Do you agree?
- The role of the media is to inform people objectively; however, nowadays this is far from the case. Discuss.