- The role of the prison should be twofold; apart from protecting innocent people from criminals, it should also rehabilitate former prisoners back to the society in effective ways.
- Research shows that former prisoners almost always get back to prison. Hence, it seems that the penal system is failing us.
- Instead of putting criminals in solitary confinement, the legal system should be set up in such a way that it trains prisoners to learn a trade and gain qualifications that will help them survive when they get out of prison.
- Prisoners need help and support not only while they serve their sentence but most importantly when they are released trying to lead a new life.
- For petty crimes, it is preferable to do community service instead of going to prison.
- What would be an ideal prison? How are prisons today?
- What is the role of the prison? Is it successful?
- Can you think of any ways it could be improved?