- Many people believe that footballers do not deserve the exorbitant amounts they are paid in relation to doctors and other professions.
- Commercial sponsorship deals and astronomically high transfer fees lead to fierce competition among athletes who are under incredible pressure to do well.
- Financial rewards lead athletes to resort to steroids in order to obtain success as they face much tougher competition
- Due to extreme competition and pressure, taking drugs which radically improve an athlete’s performance seems to be the only option for professionals.
- The subjection of professional athletes to blood tests in order to detect traces of drugs is an indication that the true meaning of sport is clearly lost.
- Nowadays, sports have to do more with business and money than with higher values and health. What do you think?
- How has the involvement of drugs in sports affected the way people see sports?